Our topic for our upcoming Morning Hustle Storytelling event is "Becoming Unstoppable." We chose this topic to model it around Girls Empowerment Network's (GEN's) 2017-2018 We Are Girls Austin Conferences. The conferences are held in Austin and Houston, Texas annually and are designed especially for thousands of 3rd – 8th grade girls and the adults who care about them. With dynamic break-out sessions and an empowering dance party (ummmm where do we sign up?), girls get to be totally in charge of their day. They walk away inspired by what’s possible and with a new belief in their personal power. The 2017-2018 theme is “Become Unstoppable.” A portion of proceeds from our storytelling event will be put toward this scholarship fund – so while you hear stories on the theme of ‘becoming unstoppable,’ your dollars are headed to help the next generation become unstoppable too.
Becoming unstoppable can mean something different for everyone. Our rules are super easy and minimal: If you wish to apply to be a storyteller at the event you will want to make sure your story somehow relates to the topic and will need to keep your story under 5 minutes long.
Examples of subjects that reflect on becoming unstoppable:
- Experiencing diversity in the workplace because of your gender, race or age, and how you overcame it
- Pushing the limits of your body - Competing in marathons, iron mans, etc.
- Pressing forward after constantly hearing "No" - i.e. How you totally kicked butt at that first sales job out of college
- Wearing all the hats and juggling life like a champ
- Overcoming your fears and achieving happiness and growth as a result
- Maybe you are still trying to figure out what becoming unstoppable means to you, and that is a story in and of itself :)
Ready to snag your ticket and apply to be a storyteller? CLICK HERE!